Friday, May 20, 2011

Its a blogging day and an Asparagus week

While I was cleaning my blogger account, I came across this post that I had saved as a draft to publish at a future date.. To be precise, I created this post on May 20, 2011.  That's over an Year!! Nonetheless, posting it here with the original title and everything else the same.. Enjoy!
___________________________________________________________________________
If you read my previous post then you would already know about my recent love for asparagus.. Addiitonally, I bought an iron cast griddle very recently, which I like to use for as many things as possible.  I really like my  asparagus, pita bread, burger patties or whatever it is with grill marks. I love that....

One of the weekdays, we decided to keep it light and to eat burgers for dinner... Light in terms of my cooking load :) ..LOL...This was a welcome change from daily routine of lentils, rice, wheat, and curry....  So what did I end up doing?



Grab Chickpeas Patties by Morning Star or any other brans.. really nice crunchy patties

Sprinkle some oil on my new griddle, and grill my patties along with of course a bunch of asparagus.  Sprinkle salt and pepper on asparagus when done...

Grab some fresh lettuce leaves, red onion slices, tomatoes and BOOM.. Dinner is ready...



Hubby decided to make some sort of happy face using provided ingredients





 Note those wonderful grill marks!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;