Thursday, December 27, 2012

No Bake Chocolate Bark

An Amazing and super easy no bake chocolate treat for chocolate fans!  I even packed some and gave it to my friends Soudeh and Patty, when we met after a long time over dinner last night! oh so fun it is to meet with old friends and pick up right where you left off!  The dinner stretched over 4 hours :))



The recipe is super simple and you really can't go wrong with this recipe.  Like most of the times, I used guesstimates  since I was not really following a strict recipe!  I watched a minute of Ina Garten's show, and got my idea from there.

I had 3/4 of Trader Joe's dark chocolate pound plus bar at hand.  This one melts super easily.  If you don't have access to this chocolate then any other favorite of yours will do!  Just make sure it melts nicely.  I also played  with the double broiler method of melting chocolate.  Sounds fancy!  It is petty simple though! You take a pan with water and put it over heat.  You take another bowl that fits snug on top of you pan (such that the base of your bowl does not touch the base of your pan with water).  Put chopped chocolate pieces into the bowl and let the steam do its magic.  I was able to melt chocolate in less than 5 mins and this method ensures that the chocolate does not loose its shine!

Ok the difficult part is over!


Take a small baking sheet/ square/rectangular pan and line it with parchment paper.  Pour the melted chocolate into and smooth with a spatula into an even layer.
Next sprinkle with chopped almonds, walnuts, dried fruit, and cranberries ( you can reduce or add more stuff depending on what you like, I had all this at hand).
Let it cool for 2-3 hours at room temperature.  Some others say you can chill it in the fridge for 30 mins.  I was not in a rush so leaving it at room temperature worked for me!

Lastly, cut into squares or different shapes, whatever you fancy, and enjoy!

To store, separate Chocolate squares with parchment paper, put in a container, and refrigerate!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;