Thursday, April 7, 2011

The goodness that is called Lasagna...ummm!!!


I had recent cravings for Italian food.. Salads, Pasta, and Lasagna...and in reverse order.. I don't know why or how I started with Lasagna, but I have really had to control myself to eat this awesomeness on a much regular basis...

Here is my recipe of Vegetable Lasagna, which is a combination of recipes shared by friends, google, and my tiny meany brain...

Contents

Lasagna Sheets - 6
Bell peppers - one small chopped
Onion - one small chopped
Zacunni - one small Chopped
Baby Spinach Leaves - handful
Mushrooms
Garlic - 3 cloves
Fresh Basil leaves
Reduced Fat - Cheese.. I used mozzarella
Patsa Sauce - Tomato & basil

I even threw in a little eggplant (had some left over and I hate to throw food).

Heat some olive oil in a skillet/pan and threw in all of the above vegetables. Saute them. Add a little bit of salt, black peppers, and dried oregano. Saute on slow heat until all vegetables are soft and done...

In a large pan take water, add some olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Bring it to a boil. Add Lasagne sheets and Boil until al dente....Should be about 8 to 10 minutes on medium heat.

Now take a baking dish. Coat it with a layer of pasta sauce. Arrange noodles.. Add half of the sauted vegetables. Add a little bit of cheese.. Add another coat of sauce...
Repeat the process adding lasagna and vegetables and so on...

Cover top layer of noodles with sauce and cheese).

Preheat over to 350 - 375 degrees. Bake for 25 mins or until you can see the top layer of cheese is golden brown..



Ready to gorge.. I personally feel that Lasagna tastes better the next day as all the sauces and flavors get soaked in...


Caution-- You can vary the amount of cheese depending on your health consciousness index



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;