Friday, May 20, 2011

Inspired from Betsy @Bestsylife.com

I know I have not kept my promise of updating my blog more frequently.. I know no excuses, but I have so many other promises to keep that this one moved down in the list. Promise of getting the old DPF ( digital picture frame) report in the new format by June 1, promise to cook good and healthy food, promise to give my eyes a break by not looking into a screen, and promises to do so many other things........

I visit Betsylife pretty often to check what Betsy has been upto. I know Betsy more through her blog then in person. She does our payroll and most of our interactions have been limited to reimbursements, salary, and vacation, and most of the times to a plain simple Hi. Betsy is celebrating Asparagus month. She is posting recipes related to Asparagus on her site. Up until a few months ago, I was not into asparagus. But one day, in an instant I woke up craving for asparagus with fish (weired craving). And since then, Asparagus is a regular vegetable that I buy from our wonderful farmer's market.

Coming back to Betsylife, she posted Asparagus Crostini (http://betsylife.com/2011/05/13/seasonal-potluck-asparagus-crostini/), which seemed interesting and quick to make. All cooks of the world with agree with me that Cooks don't like to follow a recipe exactly the same way. We like to add our own twist to any recipe. So here is what I made ....




Ingredients - One loaf of Sourdough Bread

Everything listed below needs to be nicely chopped

Bell peppers - half each of Orange, Red, Green, Yellow ( I just happened to have them all)

Asparagus - A couple stems are fine

Onion- I used one small red onion

Tomato - small


To begin with, blanch asparagus (something that Betsy did, (drop in boiling water for two minutes then immediately move to ice water). Slice nicely and mix with all other veggies.

I bought sliced sourdough so I didn't have to slice my bread.. Arrange slices on a baking sheet and brush them with olive oil. After that, add veggies to bread slices. Finish with your favourite cheese ( I had parmesan).





Preheat oven to 350C . Bake for about ten minutes or until crisp brown. I turned the broiler on for the last two minutes. Top with salt and Pepper and enjoy... I ate it as Dinner, though it is more appropriate as a snack....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;