Sunday, December 25, 2011

Aloha From the Big Island!


Aloha!

Its been really long since I blogged. And this blog of mine comes from the majestic Hawaiian chain of islands.   I am currently in the Big Island and headed to Maui tomorrow morning.  We are on the Hilo side of the island, which I was just told is expensive to fly in, but given that I am so close to so many things.. it is just totally worth it! Also, Hilo is not big on night life.  No I am not saying that the town shuts down at 8 or anything, its just that I don’t see very many people
outside.  I am staying overlooking a beautiful pond, and then the bay and then the Pacific.  I have never stayed in a hotel room like this before.


Unlike California, I have not encountered very many people who are high on alcohol.  People ate just high on life, which is amazing to see.  Another think that I have been noticing is that people love to jog/run here.  Somebody or the other is always running or jogging while I am hogging J


While we are on the rainy side of the island, locals tell me that it has been raining continuously here for the last two months every single day.  While, I didn’t want to be in 90s, I definitely didn’t want to be in the middle of a rainstorm.  But with a true Indian spirit, we just ventured out in the rain, just like we do back home during rainy season.  My next  three blogs are a breakdown of the amazing things/experiences I had in my 4 nights stay here in the Big Island Hawaii.

The net connection is not permitting me to upload pictures so they will be coming once I hit reality ;)


Update - Here are a couple pics



0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;