Saturday, September 10, 2011

Vegeterian Puff


I have mentioned this at numerous occasions earlier how I love watching The Food network Show. Yesterday, on one such cooking show, they showed making Apple Turnover.  Now I am not a big fan of apple pie or anything similar, but an idea cropped in my head.  I suddenly had this urge to make vegetarian patties using puff pastry sheets.  I have never seen one of those here in the US, so I had a good reason to make them aswell.  



As a kid, I used to love eating those and actually I still do..In Delhi, we generally referred to those as patties instead of puffs.  But whats in a name?   Now take a look at these pictures and tell me if they don't look tempting to you?


Recipe: Since I made mine using a potato filling, you can use anything from minced meat to Potatoes to whatever you can think of.    


1. I used pre-cut puff pasty sheets. Thawed for about 1 hour. You can use cut or uncut, whatever is easily available.  
2. Three boiled potatoes (medium-size)
3. Chopped coriander leaves
4. 2 Green chillies 
5. Cummin powder, Corriander powder, Garam Masala, Salt, Red Chilli Powder - All to taste




Mash potatoes till they are smooth and not lump.  Add rest of the above imgredients and mix well.  Put pastry sheets on a surface with liberally splashed multi-purpose flour.   Depending on the pasty sheet size, add the potato mixture to the sheet. Fold pastry over filling to enclose. And now using a fork, press edges to seal.  I really didnt need to put any egg wash or oil to seal.  Prehead oven to 350 degrees.  Drizzle some oil on a baking sheet and place the turnovers.  Bake till golden brown.  Enjoy with your favourite chutney or maggi hot and sweet sauce.  












1 comments:

Arshad said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment

 
;