Wednesday, January 2, 2013

Super Easy Methi Parantha/Roti for Any Time

Let me start by saying I am SUPER TIRED! May be because it was getting back to work after a week long break.  While I was excited to get back to my work, I missed waking up post 8.00 am ( I was already done with breakfast and down 1 coffee by then), I missed being in my pajamas entire day, and I missed just doing nothing.


While I usually prepare something in advance for Wednesday dinner, I was feeling super optimistic yesterday that I will cook something awesome tonight! I clearly was not thinking how much tired I would be after a busy day at work and a long commute.  I was hoping that we would eat maggi instant noodles but that was ruled out! So I ended up making these delicious methi paranthas/rotis for dinner.  Paranthas don't sound easy, but believe me these took about 15 minutes from making the dough to getting paarthas out!

So here is the recipe:

  1. Wheat Flour - I never measure it.  But I would say start with 2 cups
  2. Methi/Fenugreek Leaves - About 1-1/4 cup.  I used dried methi leaves that my parents sent to me from India 
  3. Salt, Red Chilli Powder - to taste
  4. Ajwain seeds (Carom seeds), cumin seeds, coriander seeds, Garam Masala - I used about 1 teaspoon each
  5.  Water to make dough - I heated water slightly, for about 30 seconds
Mix Flour and Methi leaves and all of the above mentioned dried ingredients.  Using water, make a dough. Start by adding little water while mixing flour until a desired consistency is reached.  



Cover and place in refrigerator for about 30 mins.  You can skip this part if you are super hungry.  Make equal sized balls out of it and roll the balls into round shaped chapati with a rolling pin. 



Heat tawa/flat pan and and put the rolled out parathas on it and cook for a minute or 2. Flip over and cook for another 2 minutes.  Now apply a little oil/ghee on both sides and cook for about a minute or 2.  You can skip the oil/ghee part too.  Methi parathas are usually dry so applying ghee is preferred.  Enjoy with Dahi/yogurt/curd. 




0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;