Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Hello 2013!

2013 is here! Wishing everyone a very happy, healthy, prosperous, and a delightful new year! Every year people make resolutions!  I make them too, but mostly mental resolutions! Since I am active on my blog these days, I thought of writing down whats going on in my head! Writing these down also mean a much higher level of commitment.


Some of the bigger ones or the ones at a spiritual level include:
  • I promise to not repeat my mistakes.  Mistakes will happen. We are humans after all!  The key is to learn from them and not repeat them!
  • Say Sorry when I think I have done wrong or hurt someone.  There are some people from the past that I need to say sorry to, I will make that happen in 2013.  Not sure what consequences would be! God be with me
  • Say Thank You more often!
  • Say I love you more often to people who I love!
  • I promise to not judge people and not form an impression so quickly!
  • To remember I am responsible for my happiness. And that being sad sometimes is also OK
  • Stand for what I believe in!

Some other ones are 
  • To try new foods such as wild rice, black rice, barley, or whatever healthy or unhealthy stuff that is out there!
  • Try to eat healthy in general.
  • May be try to undergo a detox. Not the one that you sign up and pay for, but the one I have created / kind of creating for myself. Like currently, I am on a chocolate detox.  I am also skipping my indian-style morning tea (chai) shot. Next in line are sugar and coffee. I have not decided the duration of each detox cycle yet.  Will let you know when I figure that out (a side note: today is Day 5 of my chocolate and morning tea detox and withdrawal symptoms are BAD).
  • Drink a glass or (better still) a pint of water first thing in the morning.  Something I have failed to do in the past.
  • Increase exercise from 2 hours a week to 3 :D
Some more other ones are 
  • Writing my blog at least once a week. Ideal would be twice/week.  Yes, I have been very active for the last 10 days, but that's not normal.  I have a full time job, a long commute, meetings and trade shows to attend, a boot camp class to go to, and cooking and baking to do to unwind.  So twice a week is my goal.   
  • My Happiness Project 5-year journal arrived yesterday and I would love to continue with it at least for my first year.
    • I am hoping this will also help me write a weekly journal titled " a week that was" which would be a reflection of ups and downs in life.  I think I will stick with the ups.  Don't like to talk about downs very often. 
  • Continue reading good and (bad) books ;)
I think that is it for me!  Happy 2013 once again. 


Do you have any resolutions for 2013?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;