Sunday, January 6, 2013

The Great List January 06, 2012



Betsy over at BetsyLife publishes her great list every Friday, where she notes down all the positive things happening in her life, and be grateful for those.  I have often mentioned that I would like to start writing a diary of sorts.  But I have not been able to do so.  I also started with my happiness project this year, where I jot down a sentence or multiple sentences on things that were the highlight of my day.  And I love it so far.  Its hard though, for you have a limited space, but totally worth it as it makes you filter out the important from the not so important! :)

I never thought my Great List would start this early in the year, but the following from Betsy's great list from Friday, January 4, 2012, inspired me to start mine



"If you’ve ever felt dissatisfied or lost in your life, maybe one of your resolutions should be to make your own Great List each week.  There is always something to be grateful for, even if the world seems to be against you sometimes. If you’re reading this, you’re alive, you have the luxury of the internet, and I’m going to go out on a limb to say that you probably have a roof over your head and clothes on your back.  Not everyone is so lucky. So take a moment today to reflect on everything you have, and let go of wanting what you do not have. Let’s start this first weekend of 2013 on a positive note!"

With that I am going to start my list from today and publish it each Saturday or Sunday ( I don't know yet what day will work better for me).   I know it will be hard, but I can do it! And this will also help me keep up with my "Saying Thank You more often " and "Sorry when I have done wrong" resolutions.

Here are the items from the first week of 2013

  1. I got back to work after a week long break.  I was happy and excited to get back to work.  I have been working at gap for over 3 years and it is an extended family.  Loved seeing my friends/colleagues  after a long time. 
  2. I have been good about taking pictures of all the food items I want to blog about.  I keep my camera charged and handy.
  3. I am going to CES next week and It will be CRAZY.  8+hours of standing, walking, and going on with or without lunch me and everyone who goes, but at the end of it, I walk out a smarter analyst.
  4. I have been very active on my blog the first week of 2013, feels awesome!
  5. I hosted a dinner for the newly weds Deepak and Mithalee.  7 friends, good food, endless talking, and a movie.  We called it a night at 2.00 am
  6. Had a great 1 hour long chat with Tina putting together outfits for the coming week.  I sent her tons of emails with pictures and she provided awesome inputs and practically mixed and matched things while sitting 2,500 miles away. 
It is hard to see the beauty and positive things around us when we are in sad and going through a low phase. But I am sure, positive things happen around us all the time, sometimes more, sometimes less.  

With that, look around you and you will be amazed!



Have a great week! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
;